Saturday, July 11, 2009

RUN OF THE MILL

I was called for a recitation to my intro to law class this morning. It was actually the second time that I was called, the last time was last saturday. I might say that it was an average and a mediocre performance though I studied all night just to be capable of answering all the questions that will possibly be thrown on me. But as my professor said, reading is far from understanding all the cases. I don't know how I would change this lifestyle that I have. I'm being happy of being just an ordinary student without striving hard of becoming extraordinary.

But I know, life doesn't end there. I still have my chance of changing this kind of attitude that I have. I must overcome this notion that I must only become regular. I know that the chance of excellence is being robbed by this principle that dominates me.

I couldn't be like this if I am really determined of pursuing law in the future. I couldn't be like this in law school. Being a working student would not justify this kind of performance that I have right now. There are lots of working students out there who still manage to be the best that they can.

I need to have a strong inner motivation. I shouldn't be contented with mediocrity. I should not shrink towards it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment